Does breastfeeding while being pregnant cause miscarriage?

I've heard not to do certain things if you have an incompitant cervix...something about nipple stimulation causing contractions...would that be the only reason you would miscarry from breastfeeding while you're pregnant, an incompitant cervix?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Heres a site about it. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/incompetentcervix.html
    I've never heard of miscarrying from breast feeding but then this is the first time i've heard of this either.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No,One of my friends is like that..And she did.The nipple stimulations is when you Massage and squeeze hard..I did that when i was overdue to put me into labor.If your baby starts sucking hard then pull it off and start again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I breastfed my first straight through my second pregnancy and tandem nursed for a few months after.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Breastfeeding while pregnant is usually just fine, unless you have a high risk pregnancy. I breastfed my second child for part of my 3rd pregnancy w/ no problems, and I am now breastfeeding my 3rd child and am 16 weeks pregnant w/ baby #4.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2009