what does it mean when you eat something and your baby is really active afterward?

I had garlic bread pizza and right in the middle of my second slice I felt the baby then i started to get a sharp pain first on the left side of my stomach then about 20 min later my right and the baby felt like she was moving a lot she stopped for about an hour and then she started up again do you think this is something i shouldn't eat or do you think she liked it?! I am sooo confused!!!

VanessaCalhoun

Asked by VanessaCalhoun at 4:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would guess that she approves of what your eating. At least thats what I like to think. Mine tends to do that when I eat something with a strong flavor.

Now I'm craving garlic pizza.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 7:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I think that she liked it and was hungrey and happy to have something to eat :) Everything is ok ..
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Did you have soda with your pizza? Usually if you eat something sugary the baby starts kicking.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Farrahann, just keep in mind that the pizza IS sugary, carbs turn into sugar in your body, then what isn't burned off is stored as fat....so the pizza alone could have been enough to give the baby a surge of sugar powered energy!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• But its not as simple as sucrose which instantly spikes your blood sugar.  When preggo moms are worried that the baby hasn't moved, they suggest drinking soda.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• With mine, he is usually very active right before dinner (especially if I try to wait till DH gets home and end up being super hungry!) and then right after eating if I eat anything that is really spicy or can give heartburn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• increase of blood sugar . you are even suposed to eat something to get your baby mvoing for kick counts
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• EVERYTHING IS GREAT AND YOU HAVE A HEALTHY BABY.

Relax and enjoy being pregnant.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Mine always kicked when I had sauerkraut dogs or bologna sandwiches. Neither of which she'll tolerate now that we're nursing (she gets horrible gas and throws up when i have them now).
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2009