• In the Spotlight:

I Think I should Move On..What Are Your Opinions?

I have been in a relationship for 5 yrs now. He works and I don't because of medical reasons. Lately all we do is fight. He has had jealousy over everything I do. I understand having trust issues because of past relationships but you would think after 5 yrs he could trust me. I have never gave him any reason to not trust him. Lately our relationship has become sexless. I just feel like I cant be myself around him anymore and I feel like I don't love him anymore. I feel like I cant do anything without him. Please comment and be nice. I don't want to be bashed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• What you are experiencing is fairly typical of relationships that are based on the physical. It is especially true if there have been preceding physical relationships. My best advice to you is to take a serious look at the things you fight about. Listen very carefully to what he says during those arguments. Learn to read between the lines. You already know he has serious trust issues. Ask him what you can do to help him trust you more. I would not be at all concerned about the lack of sex. If you want a permanent relationship with this man, you are being given a perfect opportunity to move past the physical and get to the more intimate aspects. Most people think that the most intimate is the physical, but it's not. Knowing a man is understanding his thought processes, getting to what really eats at him. Once you've done that, the physical is automatic.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would talk to him and express your feelings in a calm, careful manner. He maybe feeling the same way and not know how to express it or feel that he is the only one.
    I wouldn't give up and move on until you have tried to make an effort to resolve you problems.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 7:57 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Tell him how you feel. I told my husband I was going to leave if he did not stop drinking and going out all night. I could not believe it but he finally quit. I did not give up on him. I also stopped loving him. But we have worked through it. So dont give up keep trying. Good Luck!!!!!
    hcashe216

Answer by hcashe216 at 8:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would talk it out with him. If he doesn't care after you tell him your considering leaving then its time to go.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Talk it out with him. Regardless of what anyone has to say, if you truly feel like you cant stand to be with him any more, then you already have your answer.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• 5 years is a long time, I would say talk to him and let him know how you are feeling. If he loves you then he's going to do whatever it takes to keep you in his life, but I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 8:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2009