Baby shower ideas

I am planning a shower for a co-worker and his wife who are expecting a boy.
I need some guy-friendly game or party ideas. We are having it @ a local resturant but its really relaxed.

bumblebeestingu

Asked by bumblebeestingu at 8:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• http://www.babyshower101.com/baby_shower_men.html

that site has ideas for an all male baby shower, but i figure you could get some ideas from it to incorporate into your party. The last three baby showers I went to had men at them. We just did the normal games while the men sat back and drank beer. Have Fun!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Ooh I love baby showers =)

Good male & female games: Filling up several bottles with juice or milk or anything really and whichever guy drinks it quicker through the nipple wins. Melting chocolate in different diapers and distinguishing what the chocolate is by smell, whoever gets most right wins. Peeling labels off of baby food and guessing what it is by the color (and smell i think).

Female games: Measure mommy's belly with a string before hand. Set that string aside, then pass around long pieces of string and each person has to cut the string according to what they think the circumference of her belly is. Measure each string with the correct string, whoever's closest wins. Pass around a calendar and have everyone mark a date that they think the baby will be born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• A mom posted a journal on CM (Butterflybabies) quite a few months ago that I kept because her ideas were so great for a shower that involved men, women and children also held at a restaurant. She went out and bought a bunch of plain white onsies and socks and then hung them on a little clothesline (twine with clothes pins) and provided stencils and some other fabric friendly decorating apparatus and had everyone at the shower decorate a onsie for the baby. I thought this was an awesome idea. She also had a pinata I believe for the kids.

sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2009