Should we know all the contacts in our hubby's cell phone?

And vice versa? If my husband asked me who a person was in my cell phone I'd gladly tell him...because I have a lot of contacts for work. But he has "issues" telling me...is it a privacy thing?? Or should it be open and honest information?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Why are you asking? Are you being suspicious? My DH has over 150 contacts...I doubt he knows who everyone is. Sometimes I go through my own contacts and I have no clue who someone is. I don't keep secrets, but I would feel like he didn't trust me if my DH felt it was his right to keep tabs on me.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:32 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• that would flare my red flag! if he has issues telling you who people are ...well....wtf? if he had nothing to hide he would be glad to tell you as you are to him. even if they are male names, i had an Ex who put girls under guys names so I wouldnt know. but people are differnt, so hopefully for your sake its just a privacy thing and nothing down those lines^
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 8:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• He should be open about it. You are his wife, not his girlfriend, he should keep no secrets from you and not feel like he needs to be private about that. My husband will gladly text people knowing I can see what he's saying even though I usually don't look but it makes me feel like he trusts me and is not hiding anything. Does he take his phone with him when he showers or anything? If he leaves it lying around knowing you can look through it, then he's probably not hiding anything.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i agree he shouldnt be all hush hush. my dh has a work cell phone as do everyone who works there so all the work # s start the sameway..3xx- so i can tell who works there lol but there are a few that are not work people #s and i can ask whos this and he will tell me no hesitation. just like when dh goes threw home caller id he will ask whos this..whats the number...ohh thats so and so. we dont hesitate..i would just tell your dh i would be comfortable if u told me who this was i would do that for you. hmm dont know though... good luck hun xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You guys wouldn't be a little hurt if you found your DH scrolling through your contacts questioning you? I mean if you really want to know just go to your wireless providers website, you can get a list of all the activity.....but that does mean you don't trust him, if you feel you have reason, whatever. Saying if you have nothing to hide it shouldn't matter, strips all the privacy a person has.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My husband and I have no secrets. If you don't have anything to hide then what is the big deal? That's not to say that your husband is doing anything that he should not be doing, but the very fact that he is secretive about the matter leads to suspicion. If he is engaged in some kind of a job that needs to protect privacy, then it might be understandable. Otherwise, I don't see any need for it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My husband and I are very open about it. Thisi goes with even our myspace and facebook pages, as well.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:54 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The only time I mess with my husband's phone is when he gets a text message and isn't around to answer it. And that is only because if you don't acknowledge the text the phone will beep every two minutes or so until you do and it drives me NUTS. He only messes with mine if I get a text while I'm driving. Maybe if I had reason to feel suspicious I would think otherwise, but I don't care who his contacts are and he doesn't care who mine are.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i think you should know every person in his contact book and vice versa what is there to hide I have a very open relationship and i go through his phone alllllllll the time and he goes through mine we trust each other 100% this is just away to always have that trust if he all of a sudden didnt let me look through his phone i would think he was up to no good you have every right to know but he has every right to know your business as well don't forget that
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 6:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Everyone needs some privacy. Why are you snooping in his cell anyway? Sounds like trust issues.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 18, 2009