How many of you Conservatives do not believe in God?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Not many. God is, as a matter of fact, a conservative. Maybe that's why so many liberals claim to not believe in God. They claim to follow other religions which as a point of interest believe in the same God as Christians. SHHHHH! They don't know this!

Sorry you have that twisted. It's the Christians who are worshiping the stories and rites taken from other religions that existed long before the Abrahamic god did. And a lot of them do know this, but they would die before admitting it.
    Anonymous

• I believe in God, but I do not attend Church like I should! My husband and I were raised strict Roman Catholic, until we received Confirmation (age 14), after that, since we both had jobs and traveling sports commitments, we were "excused" from attending Church every Sunday--so we adopted the "Holiday Catholic" attitude...however, our morals, values, and convictions have never wavered.

angel

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I believe in God, but I know several conservatives that don't. Especially lately. You don't have to believe in God to understand that you shouldn't spend money you don't have. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I believe in God but I do not go to church. I believe he is everywhere and you don't have to be in a specific building just to talk to him.
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 10:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Hmmm... not one response from a non-believing conservative. Interesting...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Atheist here and I am a Republican. I will remain anonymous too many haters on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am mostly atheist--I will concede for a slight possibility of God. I live my life by common sense, and to me, conservative principles are common sense principles. I do not allow myself to be led by my heart, only my brain, and that includes politically and religiously (or lack thereof).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'm a conservative Atheist.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 11:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• There are plenty conservatives who have no belief in God.Plenty who are not Christians but may be of some other beliefs.I am a Christian myself so obviously I believe in God.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am anon :28 and I just wanted to add the reason I post anonymously here--I have a very strict policy about not discussing religion and politics with friends. I have made many close friends here that are in my groups and also frequent various areas of the answers section. I choose not to disclose my identity because I don't want my religious or political views known to my friends (other than in a very casual way if they ask) because I find it does nothing but eventually cause strife. I am not ashamed of my beliefs, I just like to keep the peace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2009