Are there any Liberals out there who are not Atheist?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Very many, actually. Many religious people feel that the liberal position of wanting to ensure that people are taken care of is a positive one.

I think that liberals have many misconceptions about conservatives, and conservatives have many misconceptions about liberals. And I think that we all need to get over them and realize that generalizations really do not apply to more than a handful of the most vocal and extreme from any group.

Personally, I'm agnostic.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 12:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I believe in God, religion on the other hand is more of a cultural thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• There are just these assumptions that all Conservatives are religious and all the Liberals are non-believers who shun religion. I want people to see that it's just not true.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I think I'm more on the liberal side of things politically speaking (not for certain) and I believe in God.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I know this is the opposite of your question, but I'm an agnostic conservative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Hmm....isn't Martin Sheen a devoit Catholic? Go to any mainstream church like Lutherans Presbyterians, or UCC. They are filled with Liberal Christians.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'm not atheist and I'm liberal
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 9:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Well considering the amount of people that claim to be liberal is much larger than the amount of people who are atheist it just seems to make sense that liberal does not equal atheist.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'm a Unitarian Universalist. Some of us are Atheists but I'm not :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 9:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would consider myself more liberal than not and I'm a practicing Catholic.
    lesliemartin

Answer by lesliemartin at 9:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2009