would you, or have you paid someone else to plan your child's B-Day party?

What age and about what have you spent? Was it worth it?
I am starting a party planning business and am curious for your response.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• no i wouldn't b/c i personally see it as a waste of money, i know my child better than anyone and think i can do a better job at palnning a party she'd like (if i sound rude i'm not trying to just telling you why i wouldn't hire someone)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• no...that's so lazy.......sorry
    moonflower

Answer by moonflower at 9:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Not for a birthday..only planners id think about would be for a wedding....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Hi, it does sound like lots of fun, but especially these days, no one is spending money on "can do without" expenses. I have always planned our parties. Unless money was not an object, then I guess I would pay someone to help out, but not my kids party..that is personal to me. Perhaps you may want to postpone your endevour for a bit and look at other business that are making money during recession periods. That is businesses in wellness and network marketing. I have been doing MonaVie for 2 years now with my husband and it has been lots of fun as well and the money has been great. This is part time to. If you think this might be something you would consider, call me.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No, I haven't and wouldn't. Kids birthday parties are getting ridiculous, although with the present economy people have really seemed to tone it down a lot. We only do cake and ice cream parties for our kids. That doesn't mean that your business idea won't work. Surely it depends on where you live and how much disposable income people there have. Good luck!!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2009