i am 20 weeks and barely showing, does that mean that my baby is very small/under weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not usually, I have had friends who stayed tiny their whole pregnancy and had 8 lb babies.

Some women just carry it better ;) not me of course, I looked like a whale. ;)

Also, you OB would surely be concerned if your baby measured too small.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• What does your OB/GYN say? I wasn't showing at 20 weeks either - my husband and I were the only ones who could tell I was pregnant, plus I actually LOST weight the first four months of pregnancy due to morning sickness. My doctor assured me the baby was fine - she was right, in the end my son was born 10lbs. 4oz. No underweight problem there!
    Mrs.Soule

Answer by Mrs.Soule at 9:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• no your 20 weeks .
    give it time geeze
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Anon, you are a bitch, Go back to bed!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• how am i a bitch ? she is 20 weeks . somepeople dotn even show til about 25 weeks . she should give it time . talk about being a bitch .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I wasnt even showing till i was about 25 weeks dont worry about it the only reason my baby was so small when he was born was because he decided he was going to come out 6 weeks early and he was still 5lb 5.5 oz so dont worry about it yet the doctors will tell you if something isnt right
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It's perfectly normal to only start showing at 20 weeks. It doesn't happen with everyone but you could measure small your entire pregnancy and still have a healthy sized baby. I measured small with my third for my entire pregnancy and she was born at 7lbs. 9oz. You're just fine.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 9:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No, especially if this is your first pregnancy. I'm almost 23 weeks with my third and just now beginning to show.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Not at all, I was in my normal clothes until 21 weeks with my last one. He was 9lbs 4onz
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 10:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No I didn't show with my first daughter until about 4 weeks before I delivered and with my second daughter I never showed at all. My first daughter was a little over 7 lbs and my second a little over 6 lbs.
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 10:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2009