What can I do about Adam's feet geting stuck in his baby bed rails?

We've kept the bumper pads in his bed, but that still doesn't help. He's only 14 months old, so I think he might be too young for a toddler or big bed. Please help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son moved to a toddler bed when he was about 14 months old. He did pretty good.

But they do make nets for baby beds, that go around and on top. but I would think that they would give enough that he could still kick his feet or legs through.

I have never used one I am just guessing.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I know my son wouldn't have been ready at 14 months and isn't close to ready at 19 months but maybe putting boards to the outside of the crib? I know it won't look good but it could help?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• you may have to move him to the toddler bed for safety reasons.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Mesh bumper pads. They usually enclose the entire side of the crib.
    OR
    A crib tent. This does enclose the entire side of the crib.

Yes, it's a safety issue. But it is not a large enough reason to move him. Moving him to a bed increases the risk that he will get hurt. He will be free to explore his room anytime he wakes up and is bored. A baby monitor will let you know AFTER he is hurt but it won't let you know that he is trying to climb his bookcase or is about to slam his fingers in the closet door. And if you don't confine him to his room somehow, you have no idea what trouble he is getting into in the rest of the house while you are sound asleep. Cribs are far, far safer for young toddlers.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2009