What are you getting your husband or SO for Father's Day?

I realize he's not my dad, but I always get him something from the kids and myself (since he's a great father to my kids). He's one of those people who has everything, and if he needs it, he goes and gets it. So I just wondered what other mommies did on Father's day. My own father is easy to shop for, but my husband, not so much.

momjoy1027

Asked by momjoy1027 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got him the game Fight Night Round 4 for his 360. He's really into sports games and he's been eyeing the release date on this one. I also got him the movie Saving Private Ryan since he always talks about it and complains that we don't have it, lol. So yes, I got it to shut him up :oP

From the girls, I'm making a craft with them (well, really Sophia - Caroline's not able to glue and such, lol). It's marble picture magnets. You take a picture and cut it to the size of a flat backed clear marble, glue them together and add a small circular magnet to the back.

MorganBrooke

Answer by MorganBrooke at 9:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My husband doesn't have many "needs" either that he doesn't take care of himself, but he is pretty "mushy" about his kids. So I've made him a mix CD with country music songs about family and being a dad, framed a picture of him playing guitar with our son behind him on his baby guitar clearly trying to copy his daddy, and printed up self-made coupons for dinners out at new restaurants.
    Mrs.Soule

Answer by Mrs.Soule at 9:09 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• We got him a new water hose, and a Callaway Golf hat.

The kids will also make him a card and we will all make him and decorate a cake for Sunday too. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I use to get him something every year but this year I'm talking a stand and getting him what he got me for Mother's Day-----NADA!
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I will get him nothing. He didn't even get me a card for mothers day so nothing. That may not be the right way to go about it. But I'm bitter still. So nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• He wants me to buy him at hat, so I will do that and were having a get together at my aunts. His birthday is in a week so he gets double the presents lol. I'm taking my dad out to breakfast, its a tradition.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 9:35 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My husband is the same way he wants it he will just go and get it. But i just got a check in form the army that i have been waiting over a year for and im going to use some of that to get him everything that he needs to start a salt water fish tank that he has been wanting to do for a while but just didnt have the money for. Hes going to be super excited. But hes a new dad. Our first was just born on the 4th and my DH has been amazing! he has been taking all the night feedings at 11 2 and 5 till he has to go back to work at the begining of next month! so he sleeps a little bit through the day. They have some basket things at walmart that have beer tools and some other kind of things in it. Its kinda like a fathers day easter basket lol. You can try that.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• We will be on vacation father's day,so technically that is his gift. lol
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I let him buy the lap top he was eyeing! It took me a while to work it into the budget. We also got me the washer and dryer I wanted!! My parents are also getting him something. FOr mothers day I got the vermont teddy bear mother and babies (each with a twins name). So for fathers day they are getting him the daddy teddy bear. And my mom cross stitched a little gift for my dad when I was born. It says "anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy." So my dad is going to pass it on to ben :-)
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• DH will be getting a new set of canvases and oil paints so he can start painting again. Also we're taking a road trip to Orlando to see our favorite band on Thursday with a few friends, so that'll be a treat for him!
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 10:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2009