Your Dream House

Describe your dream house. Is it the house you are currently in? Would you get something bigger? Smaller? Would you add on to what you already have?

Ideas: Number of Bedrooms, Number of Bathrooms, Neighborhood, Yard, Kitchen, etc.

-My dream house would have a basement for shelter and a big front porch for socializing. I love to sit outside and talk with my friends and neighbors and be comfortable while I watch my kids play.
-It would have four bedrooms, one for each of my kids and of course one for my husband and myself.
-I would have a large kitchen with an island designed specifically for food preparation. I've never had enough counter space.
-The yard would be full of mature trees to provide lots of shade and cut down on our utility costs but would be big enough to stage a great game of whiffle ball.
-I am very fond of older houses. I love the Sears homes with the big porches and framed windows and doors.

sillyt

Asked by sillyt at 9:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My dream house is the one you just described lol. I have always wanted a house like that. But if i cant get that im going to but my dads house from him Its a 2 bedroom but we added on to it when i was younger for a room for me and my 2 sisters. That room is bigger than the living room. The kitchen is a little small then i would like to have but its still verry nice with alot of counter space just dont have an island. There is a pool in the back yard and there is more land behind a brick wall where we have a vollyball court teatherbal and horseshoes. We have always been the big party thrower for the hollidays. There is also a side yard for my dogs with a few trees for shade. In the front yard there are 2 big trees for shade. Oh also in the back yard by the pool my dad built a deck that has all the grilling stuff there with a table to eat at durring the summer. And on the other side of the yard there is a pond.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Its not a super old house but i still think its old and i love that house. me and my husband have been talking to him about buying it because my dad is moving because of a new job. Oh and the location is in southern california. only an hour from the beach!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It looks like were the only people who have dream houses lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My dream house isn't as big as yours is, but I would love to have a two bedroom,with a lot of storage space in all of the rooms, I would have a kitchen big enough to be able to turn around in and with enough work space, to be able to make my bread, or my soap, or any thing that I want to make. I want a front yard,just big enough to push a pushmower around in, a nice sized veranda to entertain my friends and guests, I want to be able to have enough space to plant flowers, vegetables, and herbs, I would also like to have a few trees to give shade and I would also like to have my house to be solar powered to save on energy.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My dream house doesn't have to be large, but it does have to have a few criteria. First off, it has to be located in the middle of 100 acres with no nearby neighbors. It must be surrounded by large shade trees (oaks, maples, etc.) It must have a large wrap around front porch with a squeaky porch swing. There must be rocking chairs, tables, and planters all over the front porch. A checkerboard and lemonade would be constant fixtures on our porch.

Inside, the kitchen must be at the back of the house and HUGE. It needs to have a walk in pantry, double ovens, a large island with eating bar, and a large farmhouse sink. There should be a butlers pantry connecting the kitchen to dining room.

The master bedroom needs to be spacious with room for a chair by the window for reading. The master bath would have a large tub and greenhouse window.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 11:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Oh hubby & I talk about this dream all the time. One day we will own our dream home!
    I want a log cabin in the middle of nowhere. Two livingrooms or maybe just a basement that we can turn into our kids' play room. 4-5 bedrooms, 2 baths, a huge fenced yard for the kids, a wrap around porch, a large master bedroom with a huge walk in closet & jacuzzi tub. My mind just went blank. I'm sure you get the picture though.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Oh I forgot to mention that the kitchen must be large! Lots of counter & storage space and a huge pantry.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My dream house would be A three story (with a basement) and a three car garage (because my husband has a landscaping business and we have alot of stuff to store)home, and it would have a wraparound covered porch with a huge backyard and a nice front yard with many flowers and plants and atleast one Dogwood and One Cherry Tree. It would have 5 bedrooms, a den and a formal living room, a huge kitchen with plenty of cabinets and an island for preparing food, and our rooms would all have bay windows with a bench that seconds as a toybox ( i have always wanted these since I was little) and I would love to have a wood play area in the backyard. Heck, since its a dream house throw in a swimming pool and spa. :) Oh it would also have a private patio off of the master bedroom for me and the hubby to sit outside at night after the kids are sleepin.... That was kinda fun to have some wishful thinking this morning...
    MammaToBella

Answer by MammaToBella at 11:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I live in my dream house. It had better be. We built it! It is a 1 1/2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, formal dining, living room with wood burning fireplace, large eat-in kitchen, laundry room, large walk-in closet in the master, wrap around porch, playroom (man cave) over 2 car garage, deck on back with pool all sitting on 3 acres. After 15 years, I still like my house.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009