moms who have had a c-section

im numb almost to my belly button and i know this is normal but im wondering when im going to get the feeling back. It feels so weird! How long was it for you?

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 9:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just had a c-section 3 days ago (second one, my first was 18.5 months ago). I had a trial of labor (attempted a VBAC at UCLA hospital)...but, didn't progress more than 6 cm with strong, adequate contractions for hours. I started labor 5 days before I had my baby and to think it took me pretty much a day to dialate 1cm with awful close together contractions. (1 minute long, 1 minute apart). Well at least I know now how it is to labor naturally, for myself.
    With having the c-section, I am mostly experiencing severe pain and the staples feel like they're glued to my stomach too and so when I move (sit to stand, lay down-turn around...it's a burning /pulling sensation which is awful. I'm going to get my staples removed this afternoon and can't wait to get my pain medication too! I do feel numb in some areas but mostly PAIN!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'm wondering the same thing...I had a c section 3 1/2 weeks ago and it's still numb. I've read that sometimes it stays numb forever!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• For me it was months. They say it is because they cut through the nerves and they have to have time to heal! It is weird feeling numb. And it comes back at different times for everyone!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I've had 2 c sections and it's completely normal for it to feel that way. I remember going to my 6 week check up and they told me it could be that way for a long time. Even today,7 years after my last one,I can still from time to time get a numb feeling in the area!
    LoganSamMom

Answer by LoganSamMom at 10:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I had my son over a year ago and sometimes it feels numb or just feels odd.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i had 2 c-section last one was 8 years ago an i still get that numb feeling
    Anonymous