Why can't my curls stay?

This morning i decided to try to curl the ends of my hair, which i just had cut into layers. Last night i washed it, and conditioned my hair. So, it is clean. This morning i evenly distributed some Frizz Eaze all over, and set my iron on, and let it get real hot. I then sprayed some heating protection spray and curled it, i let the curl sit maybe 15 seconds and wala! It was nice. I did the rest, and then sprayed some hairspray ( dont know the brand, i am at work now, but its a pretty good brand). By the time i get to work 45 minutes later, my curls are gone! Any suggestions???

Thank you Ladies!

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, don't start with clean hair. Dirty hair holds curl better.(day old) Also spray with hair spray first, curl, then spray again. :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I suggest getting a perm,,or wave in your hair..Sense your hair does not hold a curl.

Answer by louise2 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Forgot something..Put mouse or jell in your hair befor you curl it.

Answer by louise2 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• as for clean hair. are you washing your hair every day? if so..stop. you should wash it every other day. ask a hairstylist that if you dont believe me.

i have really straight hair...ive found that with hairspray, only a VERY LITTLE amount or it actually weighs it down....its better to put mouse in it before curling, thats a lighter hold that doesnt weigh thtem down.....
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No, i dont wash it everyday. I wash it every 2. Thanks!!!
    WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The mousse should do the trick,and once you comb your hair,put a little extra on the ends,it will help!!! I dont have a perm,not even a body perm,but,when I wash my hair I use the mousse trick,works well for me.
    Anonymous

• Try putting in rollers while it is stil wet.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2009