I.m so nervous about my upcoming ultrasound.... any pointers on how to to relax until then??

I'm scheduled to have my ultrasound on the 23rd of june... which is only a few days away. I'm really excited about knowing what I'm having but most of all ... I will also find out if my child has any defects... i'm a worry wart sooo Im' really nervous.... anyone else out there nervous or was nervous?? how did you cope?

DesignDiva21

Asked by DesignDiva21 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know what your going threw when i went to my 5 month ultrasound they found out that my daughter was showing signs of down syndrome and the blood tests also showed that she could have it also. but i went to ultrasounds every month till i gave birth and she turned out just fine with nothing wrong. so all you can do is relax and think of happy thoughts. try not to think of the bad even though it maybe hard to do....hopefully i help
    nicole103124

Answer by nicole103124 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It is kind of scary but just remember that the odds are on your side. Most likely you are carrying a healthy baby! Worrying is pointless - try to focus on the exciting part!! good luck :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• keep in mind the radiologist will not tell you anything. So just breath deep. IF there IS something "wrong" then you will find out from your Dr. - no news is good news :) Enjoy EVERY moment!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I went for my 1st ultrasound 3 wekks ago & it apparently showed signs of downs syndrome. i have to have a level 2 ultrasound, & my appt. is on the 24th...not too long from now, but it seemed like FOREVER when they told me I'd have to wait almost a month to get it done. Worrying is useless, I cried for almost 2 days straight & just kept thinking about the bad, but then I stopped & thought, you know what...even if there is something wrong with m baby girl, no one is going to love her any less, & really, theres nothing I can do about it now (I'm 28 weeks!). So, just hope for the best & everything will turn out ok!! Oh....& anon is right, the radiologist won't tell you anything! Mine kept saying, "looks good, nice" etc, & the next am I got the call from my Dr. Don't worry though...everything happens for a reason...sorry...that was cliche!
    mandi0986

Answer by mandi0986 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I go for my 20 week ultrasound on the 25th of this month. I am excited but I am also nervous.
    hnfields

Answer by hnfields at 11:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2009