How do you write this?

I am making our wedding book into a photobook from shutterfly. I am doing the writting in the book.
Im having a hard time how to refer to everyone?
Do I use my name, "the bride", "I"...
What about my mom, sister, ect. Do I use "mom" or her name, or "mother of the bride"?
And his family. same thing.. im unsure how to refer to them correctly...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If it's a book for you and your family (rather than a professional display for showing a portfolio), you can use everyone's actual names. Think about what your kids and grandkids will want to read years from now and go with that.
    Mrs.Soule

Answer by Mrs.Soule at 10:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If you want it to be real proper, do the bride, mother of the bride, etc.... If you want it to be casual for just family and friends the use me, mom, my sister with her name, etc..
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree with Mrs.Soule I think you need to think about who will be readin gthis in the years to come.
    Good Luck with it all.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree with Mrs. Soule. I did one of those photo books on Shutterfly and I don't know what size you are planning on buying, but I got the smaller one and will be doing the larger ones from now on. I think the smaller one was slightly too small for some of the pages where there were 4 pics or more. It was just a book of some of our trips and family get togethers so it's not a big deal, but in the future, I'm going with the larger sized book.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• id love to get the 12x12. but they are to expensive for us.. Right now I dont know how we are going to afford the one I am making (8x8) its 42 pages long! so thats already a $60+ book ....a 12x12 with 20 pages cost that...

The book will be for me & family & friends. just who ever comes over & wants to look at it.. im just unsure if I should write it like I made it. or 3rd person.... 3rd person seems so proper & impersonal.. but 1st person may be confusing to someone who may not know our family so well.. I hope one day (hopefully) a great grandchild can look at this & understand who everyone is.
    Anonymous