can mirena mess with your sex drive?

when i was on birth control i had absolutly NO sex drive...will mirena do this to me?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Health

• It hasn't affected mine at all. It has different hormones than regular birth control in much less amounts, so it shouldn't.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am HATE my mirena, Before you go get in put in Google mirena side effects you will not want it at all. I have had mine for almost a year and i have NO SEX DRIVE among other problems. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Mirena has hormones just like the pill so yes it can. The paragard IUD has no hormones so it is less likely to have that side affect.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I have a higher sex drive now. There is no risk of getting pregnant...that is all the stimulation I need. lol
    I love mine and have not had any of the side effects, but I didn't go on those sites looking for them either.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I'm sorry I know it's way late, but I just had to comment again. You are going to have positive && negative stories for every type of birth control, because everyone is different. You can go read up on it or you can just try it. They can always take it out if it doesn't work for you. Mirena does have homones, but like I said before, they are at lower && steadier levels than the pill. If you go to www.mirena-us.com you can weigh all the pros && cons for yourself.

HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009