Bassinets

Ok me,my husband and our daughter live with my husbands parents because he lost his job a few months ago.Our bedroom is really small so the baby sleeps in her bassinet.I read that a baby should only sleep in their bassinet until their 4 months old or until they can roll over, is that true? my daughter is starting to get the hang over rolling over,i had her on her side and then woke up to check on her and she was on her stomach.So i bought a pack n play because we have no room for a crib.Is a pack n play safe to sleep in?

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's what my son slept in for the first year, and what my daughter (2 months) is sleeping in now. Perfectly safe, and a great investment.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes it's true and yes the pack n play is safe. I have used it plenty of times like that with all 3 of my kids.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I don't know the specifics, but I was in your similar situation when my son was born. My son slept in his bassinet until he was too heavy for it, I don't remember exactly how old he was, but I know that he was older than 4 mos.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes, I feel that a pack in play is safe just don't make the mistake of putting a fluffy blanket down to make it softer.. because that is not safe for baby. Just get a couple of sheets for the pack n play and double up so that its a little bit softer but not too soft and plus with my experience some of them can make a lot of crunky noises, like when the baby moves around. Hope that helps :)
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 10:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• All of my kids slept in the pack-n-play at some point (that is the reason for them). My oldest slept in the bassinet until she was sleeping through the night at 6 months. She wasn't sitting up yet but was rolling. But we had taken the legs off and it was sitting on the floor (it was really old). My son used it for a few months but outgrew it. My middle daughter also used it until she was 6 months. All 3 of them then went to the pack n play until a crib because available (they are each a year apart).
    My youngest slept in the bassinet until she was 10 months old and started climbing out of it (it was wedged between the bed and wall on the floor). then she slept in the pack-n-play until she was too big for it and got her own bed at 23 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My daughter sleeps in her pack and play...her nursery is upstairs and we are downstairs and I'm not ready to have her that far away - she's 3 weeks old.... - I think shs's going to be in the pack and play for a while because upstairs feels like a million miles away!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Of course it's safe. That's what it's made for. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• When we had our 3rd we didn't have the money for a crib so we got a pack -n- play and he slept in it until he was about 16 months old. My youngest dd slept in one from about 5 months old until she was about 14 months old. And most bassinets are for up to 4 months or 15 lbs.

Mazie0723

Answer by Mazie0723 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My kids all loved the pack n play. We used them mostly for traveling. In fact, when I took DD to Europe at 2 months old, the hotel had a pack n play for her to sleep in!! They are very safe.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2009