do you ever sing amazing grace?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Once in a blue moon it pops into my head and I sing it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• not very often and when I do it's not the traditional version
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes, and it's usually the traditional version. It's one of my pet peeves,sorry bonn777, when people change songs, especially the classics. To me it's like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:32 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes, I love that song. I used to sing it to my kids all the time when they were infants. I'm a Buddhist, but learned it forwards and backwards because it was a standard audition song when I used to do community theatre in my teens.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I love the song. It's very powerful if you pay attention to the words. I don't sing it that often, it brings me to tears.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes, I do.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• there is one traditional version I do enjoy and i've attached the link. it's by whitley phipps and he gives the history of the song - it's long but you can advance it to hear the story and then listen to him sing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMF_24cQqT0
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I do sing it sometimes. I sang in choirs in church and school and competition when I was a young girl and teen and if you are a singer, you BETTER know how to sing that song...that one and the National Anthem. LOL! But I do enjoy the song...it's beautiful and it's the only religious song that I have given consent for to be played at my memorial service upon my death. Only I don't want it sung...just done on the bagpipes. What can I say? I'm Scottish and my Granny would never forgive me if I didn't allow them to play Amazing Grace on the Pipes when I die. LOL! (Little secret: as a singer, I am actually a fan of gospel music since that's what you sing, usually, when you participate in choirs and chorus. Plus, I just enjoy music all around.)
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It's beautiful and scriptural and I have sung it. But, we sing it so much at church that I get tired of it in spite of myself.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 6:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It is one of my all-time favorite songs. I sing all of the time, and it's a song I love to sing and sing it frequently. Sometimes, His songs just pop into my head, and I start to sing. I listen to the music from the CDs that are given out at choir practice to prepare us for Sundays' anthems as I do my chores, etc. I may not have a soloist's voice, but I sure know how to make a joyful noise for God in my very best alto! LOL
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2009