What did you do for your child's first birthday?

My daughter is 10 1/2 months and I'm getting ready to have a FIRST BIRTHDAY... there are only two problems: 1. money 2. I don't know what to do to make it speacial.
So what did you do and what are some good (and cheap) ideas for a girls first bday?

MilkFactory

Asked by MilkFactory at 6:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go in to labor!!!
    kimberlyp552002

Answer by kimberlyp552002 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• We invited some friends over... we had some snack foods & I made a cake. My son had lots of fun running around with a couple of the other kids, and the adults enjoyed mingling. If there are too many kids (and adults) your child will get overwhelmed... and the adults don't want to sit and watch a 1 year old open 100 gifts either. I'd say keep it low key.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• we had my son's in my sister-in-law's fenced in backyard. my son got to eat cake and run around exploring which is what he loved doing (still does).
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• well unforutently my father passed away 2months before my daughters first bday so instead of everyone rejoicing everyone was tearful at her party...but my daughters bday i did a care bear theme and bunch of ballons covering the whole ceiling and a big care bear cake!
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• we just had a quiet at home party. she's just one, she won't remember it, and won't understand what's going on.
    hiddenpoet

Answer by hiddenpoet at 10:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• We just had immediate family over, grilled, and had cake and ice cream. No biggie. All you really need are pictures of your little one stuffing cake into their mouth, (and nose, and eyes, and ears! lol)... They won't remember it, so simplicity is best.
    lewseatea

Answer by lewseatea at 12:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2008