I don't know what to do!

What do you do when you are not attracted to your so anymore and you hate his guts at least half the time. We fight every single moring and I'm so sick of it. He ends up apologizing at the end of the day and most of the time things are ok..
I would feel like a complete failure if I left because I never had a dad and it would kill me to see my son without. Am I suppose to suck it up and deal with it for who knows how many years? Does anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• OMG - all the time!!! I've noticed it tends to mean either I'm tired, hungry, or in desperate need of some date nights. We started reading this book together - Men Are Like Waffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti - for just an hour at a time (or less), and just doing the exercises in the back that make you get to know one another (no hashing out issues, just questions like "list your Top Ten Dream Dates") really brings some romance back. It's like I can see him as a person again and not The Ogre Who Drives Me Nuts.
    Mrs.Soule

Answer by Mrs.Soule at 11:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Omg that is hilarious " the ogre who drives me nuts" make me think of shriek lol! I know deep down I love him but it gets so frustrating at times I wonder if it's all worth it. I know it is for my son and that's why I keep going..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My son's a huge motivating factor for me as well. I've also noticed that if anyone ELSE says anything the least bit negative about my husband, I am quick and fierce in defending him without even thinking about it. That makes me think to myself, "See, I DO love him!" Always good to know, LOL. :-)
    Mrs.Soule

Answer by Mrs.Soule at 12:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I think love evolves as we grow in a relationship. It alters, it changes just as you two are changing. Does it suck sometimes? Absolutely. Are you wanting to give up? Nope. Give it time. Keep talking to him even when you'd rather not. Now that you have a little one you see how important that bond is. Good luck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009