Did you ever not know you were pregnant till delivery?

I've been addicted to the show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant". Has anyone on here ever had an experience with that? I couldn't imagine it! My pregnancy was so horrible with my son, I envy these women that have no symptoms.

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I like that show too, and I know one girl who didnt know she was pregnant and went to the ER for stomach pains and had a baby boy!!
    Is your sons name Corby?? Mine is!!
    corbyzmom

Answer by corbyzmom at 11:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I think its really hard to believe that someone didn't know they were pregnant. I mean your stomach gets a lot bigger and you have to notice that you are peeing a lot more. I know that some women have a period throughout their whole pregnancy, but its not that common.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i can't help but think a lot of not knowing is being in denial or just plain wanting to hide it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I've seen the show too and it's very interesting. But I'm pretty well in-tune with my body so I don't see that happening to me.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 11:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If you ever watch that show, you'd understand. One woman on the show last night went from a size 6 to a size 4. She had a history of ruptured cysts (just like me so I know the pain) and went to the ER thinking she had another one, but she was in labor. They showed pictures of her, and she didn't have a belly at all. It's not all about denial. She WANTED a baby. Then another woman had two urine tests and a blood test come up negative, so even the dr's were baffled as to why she wasn't getting her periods. Once the blood test came up negative, no one ever suspected pregnancy again, till it was time to give birth.

My cousin went through that. But she's very heavy. Every symptom she had, she attributed to illness or being obese. Unfortunately, her baby didn't make it, but she didn't know she was pregnant till she was in labor.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009