How do you deal with your child sexuality & living as their borned opposite gender?

Maybe I didn't word my question correct, but I thank both of you for your responses. I do so very much love my daughter and there was no question what her gender was at birth nor now. My child got catch up in the Lesbian hoopla while playing girls basketball in High School. Unfortunately she met an older female who showered her with money & gift, but because my daughter has a dominant personality the relationship didn't work, but after 2 more similar relationship she has taken on the male role & dresses masculine, but doesn't want a sex change & doesn't feel comfortable with her sexuality & is still attractive to males. How am I to handle this? I try to be supported with her but it hard if she doesn't know what she wants.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• She will either go straight or go gay..She sounds like she is bisexually..My youngest DD went threw a period in her life that she told me she was bisexual..I think she says she still is..But she is married to a man now and has two DD's..Even if she would have or in the future change her mind. and want to be with a women..I would except it as what she want..I wouldn't treat her any differently.

Answer by louise2 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• CHANCES ARE SHE IS GAY, JUST BECAUSE SHE DRESSES MASCULINE DOES NOT MEAN SHE WANTS A SEX CHANGE. MY DAUGHTER IS GAY AND SHE TELLS ME SHE IS ATTRACTED TO OTHER MALES, NOT JUST SEXUALLY. JUST FOLLOW HER LEAD, I WAS CONFUSED MYSELF WHEN MY DAUGHTER FIRST CAME OUT. WHATEVER HAPPENS, WHATEVER SIDE OF THE GENDER ROLE SHE GOES FOR JUST LET HER KNOW YOU ARE THERE FOR HER AND WILL SUPORT HER . SWEETHEART THERE IS NO LESBIAN HOOPLA, IF SHE IS SHE WAS BORN THIS WAY AND THE SPORT SCENE IS VERY ADEQUATE FOR GAY YOUTH TO FIND THEMSELVES.. THE ONLY ONE THING YOU CAN DO FOR HER, IS SUPPORT AND ACCEPT THE REST IS UP TO HER. IF I CAN BE OF ANY HELP, EITHER FOR LISTENING FROM ONE PARENT TO ANOTHER DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME, I WOULD BE MORE THAN GLAD TO COMPARE NOTES.

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My dd says she is Bi. I guess she will settle down with whoever she's in love with when she's ready. Whatever.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I don't buy into "born gay" crap.

Just hope she outgrows it and leaves it all behind her.
    Anonymous

• I don't think you can help her until she knows who she is herself. Just be there for her and let her know that she is your daughter and you love her and will support her. That's all you can do.
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 6:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You are either born gay or straight. I've never outgrown being straight. She will figure things out for herself. You cannot persuade her to be one way or the other. She will come out with her true feelings at some point, but as a parent we just want our kids to be happy with who they are and hopefully find someone that loves and respects them for who they are also. Just keep supporting her and be there for her. You are doing the right thing by just letting her be who she is.
    AMLU

Answer by AMLU at 11:41 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I'm sorry, I answered above but I also do believe that you can be bisexual too. I don't know if you have more tendencies towards one gender or the other, but if your daughter is still trying to figure out who she is, then just give her time and just make sure you're there for her.
    AMLU

Answer by AMLU at 11:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2010

• I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding what you typed. It sounds like she's still trying to figure out what she wants to do. Just be supportive of her.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2010