Medical Transcription

Is it fairly easy? Is the marketplace getting too inundated with applicants that this really isn't job of the future anymore? What's the starting salary? Do you have to buy equipment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I used to do medical transcription from my home. I had several local Drs's as my clients. However, with all the privacy laws in effect these days, that particular type of work has virtually ended. You can always find jobs like these at Dr's offices and hospitals. There are some sites that hire you to work from home, but it will not be easy work. You have to be able to understand various accents as alot of Dr's are foreign. You have to be able to have the time it requires to do at home, as well as quiet environment in which to work. There is a site out there called www.mtdaily.com. There is a section for finding medical transcription jobs to do at home. Some of these require experience, some not. You can check it out.

I, personally, would not go to school for this career, because there is too much you can do without a degree. If you have some medical knowledge and books, try it.

Good luck.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2009