What would you do?

My bff is one of the most wonderful people you could ever meet. She has a DD who has a 2 yr old DD of her own. DD and GD live with bff. Please keep in mind she truly is an amazing woman who would do anything for anyone...but, her house is an absolute boars nest! A complete pig sty! She has dogs and cats, kids, food, junk, really just shit everywhere, absolutely disgusting! I have helped her clean, but in 2 wks time it is back to filth. I let it go for years, but now the LO is there. She is getting into things that can harm her, not too mention the health hazzard of old food and fleas the list goes on. I heard she got into a bottle of floor cleaner and dumped it into the dishwasher. I fear for her safety, but if I call CPS, Lord knows what will happen. In my head I know her safety comes first, but how do I cause possible trouble for my friend? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Usually on a first call to CPS they will go to the home and tell them to clean it up and then they will do surprise checks. They more than likely will not remove the child from the home, but make the adults get their butts in line. I'd call. I don't care who you are, if I see a child living in filth or being mistreated then I'm calling someone to knock some sence into the adults. And if need be, remove the kids from the home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2009