what would you do if you found out your neighbors were listening to your conversations on the phone through their baby monitor and telling people about it?

i just found out and now it all makes sense, what would you do? would it creep you out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• um ya. id probly call the cops. thats a violation of privacy. and its sick and creepy. id let someone know. thats just weird and abnormal.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would talk to them about it, we don't have anything to hide as far as conversations, but wouldn't want others to have financial info though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would be really creeped out. I know when my kids were little, if I had the windows of my apartment open, I would hear stuff the neighbors were saying outside but I tried to not listen--I never did it on purpose. Is this a situation where you can talk to these neighbors about the invasion of privacy? I would even consider calling a lawyer or the police & asking advice, just so you understand your rights. Can a baby monitor be considered listening equipment? I know you can't record phone conversations without permission but I'm not sure about listening. Start documenting everything you can about this situation. This is really creepy & not something to be taken lightly, imo.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would start saying something outrageous. Like make up a huge lie and sell it on the phone. Make sure to tell your friends in advance so that your neighbor looks the fool.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Make sure both pieces are on or off, so it can not be used as a one way radio. We had this problem with the house across the street. I heard water splashing and children laughing. Turns out my reciever was on, the base was off. Her base was on, reciever was off. Making one complete set. So, just make sure both parts of the monitor are either on or off, not one or the other. YES that would creep me out!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i would call up a friend and tell them that the creepy neighbor is listening in on her baby monitor and she is invading your privacy. ask your friend if you should call the cops. creepy neighbor will hear all and hopefully stop.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• jcsmummy i would call up a friend and tell them that the creepy neighbor is listening in on her baby monitor and she is invading your privacy. ask your friend if you should call the cops. creepy neighbor will hear all and hopefully stop. I LIKE THIS REPLY...LOL
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• thank you guys.....i am flustered and upset about this, i made a phon call to my mom and we talked about getting the police involved, and shortly after that she left her house... now all my convo's are to be held on cellular if the involve money...i am now thinking about moving to get away from this....i do not like to think i am being spied on, its not thati have anything to hide, its the fact that i now have to think about my privacy being invaded......once again thank you.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm. I'm sneaky and devious when it comes to stuff like this. Payback *rubs hands together*. Hmm. I got one! Take pictures of their cars and put them in the auto trader magazines with their home numbers on the ad. "Fast sale! $1,000.00 obo. I work nights so call between 11pm and 4am. Thanks!" See how much sleep they get then.

I would conveniently have conversations near the baby monitor that involved the neighbors and how you know they are dealing drugs (insert heinous crime), the police should be contacted, they are an eyesore to the neighborhood and you don't feel safe having your babies live that close to scum that should be locked up.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• on phoneWhat a HUGE invasion of privacy!!!!!!!!! I would have a lawyer draw up a certified letter to send them. Most lawyers do stuff like this for about $50-$75. Let them know if they continue, you will bring legal action against them. This usually scares people enough to know you are serious. I mean, oh my, you paid a lawyer. You must mean it!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2009