What 'void' does God fill in your life?

I've seen in many responses from my questions this morning that God fills a void in a person's life.

What 'void' does God fill in your life?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Every void the world had caused, God has filled. I'm no longer ever alone. God never leaves me, I no longer feel helpless or hopeless. God gives me all the hope I need for life,and anything I need help on, He is there for me. In fact, I can't think of any voids I have anymore in my life. Once I came to Christ, everything that was empty, or sad in my life, left, as God's light shone brightly,and gave me everything I need.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Well, I know that sometimes we can feel that we are missing something even though we have financial and all physical needs met. Maybe it is an emptiness or a numbness or loneliness. Whatever that thing is that just can't be helped by other means is what I consider that void. It is a feeling of belonging and purpose to life. God fills that place in my life where I can feel that I am by him loved no matter what happens.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• There is no void in my life. I think people create voids from their beliefs. Some from what they think they should have . Others simply because the devil makes them believe there is a void. Some from their behaviors, actions and thoughts. i guess if i had to say i have a void i would have to say it is money. I need money. LOL
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• God fills the void in me in knowing that with Him I am not alone. Being alone sucks.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• interesting point....because wouldn't God NOT want you to feel this way? dependent?
    Anonymous

• I don't have voids because God is there. He fills them before I even know they exist.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Good question OP =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The point I'm making is that couldn't you have filled that void with the concept of God simply because you couldn't stand to have a void? If someone is so lonely they can't stand it they will turn to a God in order to not feel that way anymore. If someone is down and out and tired or feeling like crap, they might turn to a God in order to relieve stress.

It's like you can't handle your own life or things that suck and so you invent something to make it seem better to you. If you took that God away, the problem would still be there- so in reality it has done nothing- only made you think it has.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2009