• In the Spotlight:

Is shrimp safe to eat while breastfeeding?

is this safe to eat while breastfeeding. I am trying to eat healthier and get more seafood in my diet because well we eat next to nothing when it comes to fish and such. Anyway I am feeling brave and my son wanted to try shrimp (i havent really had it either.).

Also if it is okay does anyone have good recipes and prep tips. because these suckers are whole. the shells are still on them. I am scared to try them lol. part of me is considering just giving to my mother in law or something and just forget about trying it. but if i do go through with it the next thing i want to try is lobster.

My dad says all the time that he just doesn't understand why i don't like seafood considering I am from florida (i live in oklahoma now)

jenniamigo

Asked by jenniamigo at 11:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think that the same rules for pregnancy carry over into breastfeeding. I know it's safe, I think it's still in moderation though :D
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:32 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Here is a guide to seafood safety: http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/walletcard.pdf

Answer by rkoloms at 10:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009