My one year old whines and cries non-stop

She does it mostly when my husband comes home in the evening and it drives him crazy. He also doesnt understand why she acts like this mostly when he is around. He wants to discipline her to get her to stop but she's kinda young for that. She doesn't need anything. We are not ignoring her either. She just won't stop. Its so frustrating. She will whine for hours. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate any input.

AliMom714

Asked by AliMom714 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe she doesn't want to share you with your hubby. that's what happen when my daughter was younger. once daddy came home she had to share my time. She outgrew it if it makes you feel any better. I tried to have something fun for her to do by herself when my husband came home... she had a littlest pet shop playset she loved ...I only brought it out when daddy came home. that way she could play while we had a cup of coffee together and did the "how was your day" thing.

Good Luck.
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 4:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Maybe she's teething, and it gets worse in the evening.
    nickat

Answer by nickat at 12:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My son is the same way! He's would be so good with me in the day but when my husband comes home, he whines all night. IMO i think my son just missed him and wants 100% of his time...or teething lol i think mine might be teething too
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• its probably just a good way for her to get attention from daddy. they're smarter than we think lol and they know what will press buttons, good or bad attention she just probably knows he will respond to that. could be teething too, or maybe she just gets more tired in the evening. its tough when one of the parents doesnt get to be around (which isnt that always the case? lol) as much but i come across that too, my husband and i both work and our son behaves differently for each of us, i think it just depends on what he has found will grab our attention. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2009