Gosh, SHUT UP ALREADY!

I am sick of hearing moms that FF (I ffd) Bitching about the price of formula. For those that have wic (and run out) and moms that dont have wic. Formula is not cheap but it is not that expensive!!!!!!!! I buy PARENTS CHOICE at walmart. I do not have wic and it is around 12 dollars for a 25.75 can of powderd milk. (just as good as other brands) I mean my DD goes though about 2 of those a week. She is 8 months old. So that is about 96 dollars a month. That is not any more (might actually be less) than it will cost to feed them, once they start eating only solids. So what are you going to do then? GEESH

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do have to ask....Do they give less formula with WIC now or something. Because I had formula through WIC 13 years ago.....I NEVER ran out. Towards the end, he ate a 8 or 9 ounce bottle every 4 hours. We always had plenty. We also got concentrated, so, maybe that made a difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You spend about $96 a month? That is $96 more than I spend because I breastfeed.
    Anonymous

• i believe when it comes to ur childs needs,price should not be an issue.mabe some parents who smoke or drink need to decide weather to buy cigs and beer or food for baby.babys and kids are not cheap,lol.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i also breast feed,but some women cant,and women should be happy that wic is here for us,even if they dont give enough,u cant beat free.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am pretty sure that wic provides 9 cans of formula a month. I dont know because I only had it with my first child. AND HOW GIVES A FU*K IF YOU BREASTFEED!!!! That is irrelevant! Angelairelan, your right! My kids eat before DH or I! That's just the way it is. Formula is not THAT expensive!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• wow anon 11:49 calm down. stressed much? or just a crazy b*tch in general?
    Anonymous

• Yeah, having a BABY is expensive. After these kids are off formula (or breastmilk) they are going to have to eat FOOD and you're going to have to PAY FOR IT!!!!!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree with Anon, breastfeeding is free. I have three kids, whom I breastfed for a year each.
    $96 per month
    36 months
    ------
    $3,456...That is quite a nice savings.

I agree with the OP though. If you choose to formula feed then you shouldn't bitch about the cost.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Some people must overfeed their kids. And, who didn't expect that cost? Same with diapers. I hate when they want to shove potty training down their kids throat at a year because they hate changing diapers or they hate paying for them...Uh, what did they expect?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• OP~ Some moms cant breast feed (I CHOSE not to) but really it is not that expensive. I dont get all the bitching and moaning about it! EXPENSIVE was when my grandparents had a child who had major breast milk AND formula allergies, made him very sick. My grandpa made 30 dollars a week and 15 of it went to FORMULA!!!!! THAT is bitch worthy!
    Anonymous