Nasty question about period after pregnancy... (sorry tmi)

OK, I had my baby three months ago and only breastfed for about a week after I had him. I just started my period back for the first time last night and it was super heavy (it never was heavy at all before) and there were prettt big hard blood clots. It freaked me out and I didnt know if it was abnormal because it took three months to start back and because it is so heavy. Sorry WAY tmi but I am worried. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine was too, Its normal, I hope LOL, I also had super bad cramps the worst I've ever had, the first one I got back, but they do level out again.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• things change after you have babies..before i had my son sooooooooooo heavy and lasted 12 days....after lightened up and 5 days...
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Mine was too and I called my mom because it was so heavy I was a bit nervous. She said hers were like that too. It was just the one that was very heavy and then they returned ot normal.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• LMAO i thought i was bleeding to death!!! then had to get an IUD during that time, EWWWW...but yes very normal! Your bodies first period in almost a year....its cleansing itself to start the cycle all over again!! JOY! mine is SUPER light now and pretty short, was usually heavy and long before my baby....wait til your second and third...they wont be like that!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2009