• In the Spotlight:

When do your kids nap?

I've got 5 children- an 8 year old, a 4 year old, two 2 year olds and a 1 month old and I make them all nap, or for my 8 year old "rest".

I've got Graham "resting" from 12-2, Mckenna napping from 12-2, Harper and Grady napping from 12-2:30 and Kaya napping from 9am-10:30, 12:30-3 and 5-7. Is this too much?

mcdorman01

Asked by mcdorman01 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 3 year old dd NEVER naps!! It must be nice to have kids who naps.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Depends on how THEY feel about it. I'd say that the 8 year old probably doesn't need it, but if he enjoys it, whatever. My 2 year old still naps every day for about two hours. My friend, however, couldn't get her son to nap after he turned two no matter what she did. He just didn't need it any more. Kids are all different.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Haha Liz you are too funny. Why don't you come to my house and make my kids all sleep...all 7 of them! I made my kids nap until 4 years old...and that was from 12-3. After that, they had to "rest" or do something quietly. And for the baby, I think that is the perfect amount of time for her to sleep. Is she eating every three hours or so?
    mommatimms99

Answer by mommatimms99 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Mine nap whenever they want or whenever it is obvious they need it. It's no longer every day. My oldest is 9 and hasn't napped since she was 2. I used to make her have quiet time in her room for an hour while her siblings napped when she was 2-3 but she outgrew that, too.
    My youngest is 3 and takes a couple naps a week but it is just whenever. Like right now she is eating lunch and will go take a nap because she was a major pain at the store today which is very unlike her. She obviously needs a nap. The other 3 are 9, 7 1/2 and 6 1/2 and only nap when they feel they need one.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Go Liz!

Well, my 3 year old twins sleep from 12-2, my 18 month old sleeps from 12-2:15/2:30 and my 6 month old sleeps from 9:30-11 and 1:30-3:30. For example, my twins just woke up like 20 minutes ago and now they are coloring and having a little snack, my 18 month old is still asleep and my 6 month old is still sleeping. We were at the park till late this afternoon so they needed sleep.
    katfranz111

Answer by katfranz111 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009