What is the sinner's prayer?

My father is dying of lung cancer and I want to lead him to Christ before he dies.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• was that necessary?
    Heavenly Father:..........................................................................
    I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
    my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
    heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
    Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
    Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
    that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
    to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
    Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
    day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
    with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
    by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes, because recanting on your deathbed is so sincere and not motivated out of fear...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Wow... insensitive anon.

I am sorry about your dad. Hang in there!
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I googled and pasted here's the site http://home.swbell.net/cshann/index0.html
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I honeslty believe your time would be better spent supporting and caring for your father in his final stages of mortal life then trying to convert him. Try to enjoy the time you have left with him. Let your faith shine through rather then trying to force things along. Also, respect your fathers wishes whatever they may be.
    Anonymous

• I agree anon. While I know how important it is in Christianity for someone to be saved, I don't think his last days should be spent with him feeling pressured or anything like that. It should be a peaceful time, not one with someone pushing conversion or anything like that. Now, if he WANTS to do this, that's great, but you'll regret spending your last days with him in conflict if he doesn't...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Both anon, she didn't ask what you believe and I doubt if she cares. You both like to say not to force things on him but then you try to force others to believe like you do. If you're not going to answer the question then stay out of the question.

OP, others have given you the answer above, I don't even think it has to be that formal. Just admitting to God that we are sinners and want His forgiveness through Jesus is enough. God will see the heart. Remember the thief on the cross, he only had time to ask Jesus for forgiveness and Jesus said he would be in paradise. 

I'm sorry for your dad's cancer and I pray he will come to faith. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Eternal father I offer the thy most precious blood of thy divine son Jesus, in union with the masses said threw out the world today, for all the holy souls in pergatory, for sinners everywere, for sinners in the universal church , those in my own home and with in my family.

and
    O God the creature and redimer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of your servents full remission of all there sins, that threw our devout prayer they may ubtain the pardun of which they have always desired. Who lives and rains world without end. Amen
    Eternal rest grant to them O Lord
    And let Perpetual light shine upon them
    May they rest in Peace
    Amen

Sorry my spelling is bad,
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

I am the 2nd anon and I am most certainly going to offer my support in the way I see fit to a mom going through a difficult time. You don't have to like it or follow it but, I have every right to express my wish for this Mom to get the most out of her time with her father.
    Anonymous

• Sorry to hear about your dad. Leading him to Christ will give him such peace. It doesnt have to be a long prayer.. can be said simply.

Father God, I ask you to forgive me of my sins, I believe Jesus died on the cross for me and rose again. I invite Him into my heart. Amen

Romans 10:9 says - 9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2009