kind of serious...

a girl i work with fiance is in jail.she has a baby.i kind of became her extra mom.she seemed to need someone to talk to who was older and a little more stable.that is totally ok.if some one needs my help i will always be there.anyway,i guess her bf is an illegal alien.she is a resident.besides that fact he is in jail under a alias(which i am sure they have caught on to)she doesnt seem to have any legal council.she wants to know what happens now.why havent they sent him back to his own country.well i had no idea.i asked my husband he had no idea.can anyone tell me what the possible outcome of this be???i guess hes getting out of jail soon.doesn anyone have any idea.let me just say that i dont agree with this and am just there for her,and was alittle devastated when she told me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• im not sure, but if he has a child here doesnt that mean they cant deport him because of that child being a us citizen?
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty sure the anchor law only applies to the mom. He's probably waiting for transport back to Mexico. Tell her that if he wants to live her, to do it through legal channels! He doesn't have any legal right to be here, especially if he is breaking the law.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Maybe they didn't catch on to the alias and he'll be released when he's done serving his time?
    Anonymous

• its not mexico
    Anonymous

• feesharose why would you assume he was Mexican?

Anon OP. Unless the police report the guy to ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) he wont be deported. There is a separation of jurisdictions in the United States. Its not the job of police officers to inquire as to someones immigration status.

Can I ask why she is worried about him being released? Is he a violent criminal?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If he is here illegally and she knows it-she has the legal obligation to tell the authorities all of his ailas' otherwise she could be a conspirator and then where would that child go??? And he needs to go back to where ever he came from and wait until he can apply to come here legally......
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• She should in all reality, go to the authorities herself. She is only going to make it harder for him and for her, and for their child, by not telling the truth. She would get her answers then at least. And he could start going through the legal channels to live here LEGALLY.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If he just got arrested she can call the jail to see if there is a bond set. They will tell her if there is or if there is an ICE hold. If he is serving his sentence already then there is the possibility that he could be deported while he is serving his jail time. And no it doesn't matter that he has kids here if he is illegal they will deport him and that goes for the mother as well if she is illegal. There is no such thing as "anchor babies", which is an ugly term. Depending on which state he is in he can ask for a court appointed attorney or public defender (each state calls them different) and go from there, if he hasn't been sentenced already. I hope that helps.
    Anonymous

• Best thing to do is contact immigration lawyer.

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 2:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i dont know if he is violent but then again i dont know why he is in the jail he is in if its just possesion.so i think there is something i dont know.i told her to call the jail and ask them how she could get some info.she did mention ice hold but i had never heard of that before.she said they were moving him around from jail to jail and i have never heard of that either.glad its not me.
    Anonymous