depressed

I think I am really depressed and might need to get help for it. I can't sleep but am exhausted all the time. I don't ever feel like eating, I am not into sex any more. I just don't feel like myself. I am a little embarrassed to go to the doctor though....I don't know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Health

• don't be embarrased. A lot of people struggle with depression and its sooo important to get help. Call your doctor right now and set up an appointment. Tell your doctor ALL your sympotoms, and tell them you may think its depression. meanwhile do things that make you feel better. for me praying and talking long walks helped and being around friends and famil I felt comfortable with sharing my struggles. I'm so sorry you feel this way :(
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yeah it really sucks. I have been feeling this way for a while now. I am scared because when I was younger I went though bad depression and used alcohol to cope and also used to cut myself...I don't want to end up going back to that again....I feel bad for my son because he needs his mommy to be happy
    Anonymous

• i used to be depressed but i didnt go get help tho but i had my family around it made it a little better. but that was when my husband deployed for 15 months. it sucks that u feel that way.
    Anonymous

• Its so important! You shouldn't have to live that way! Its horrible! Just horrible! I'm glad you realize its a problem & you see it! This is nothing to be shameful or embarassed of! Get help! Join Groups! Do what ever you must to return to the You! The Great You!! Please get help! Try also to Bring some Joy into your Life! Even if its little times of Pure Enjoyment, making time just for you! Taking A Leisure just for Fun Walk Etc.. Petting A Cat or A Dog.. Finding A way.. But getting medical help. If you know that's needed! Do it! If someone doesn't understand or blows you off! Be Strong & move along to one that truly understand you!! Best of Luck!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Depression can be solved I can help. I am a Mom, wife and Herbalist who knows what you are feeling. If you want my help I'm here for you!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 1:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009