Are the results from nipple stimulation (for labor induction) supposed to be immediate?

My doctor gave us the go ahead 3 days ago to try nipple stimulation because my blood pressure is up and he said that if it continues the way it's going it will be to dangerous to continue my pregnancy by the end of the week!

BUT I REALLY want a natural delivery so we're trying to avoid chemical induction.

Anyway I have tried 3 different regimes so far. (2 minute on 3 minute rest alternating for 20 minutes, 5 minutes on 1 side 1 time per hour and 5 minutes on 1 side, 15 minute break 5 min on other side, wait an hour)

Last night I did start to have some contractions so I stopped the nipple stimulation because I didn't want to hyperstimulate my uterus and after a little bit I lost some mucus plug but then they stopped and now...I got nothin...

Any suggestions? Are the results supposed to be immediate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no no. they r definatly not immediate. took my mom about 4 weeks of that to go into labor. if u want it to happen, orgasm can cause contractions, nipple stimulation (obviously u know that already lol) and walking alot. try all 3. that should help. if ne thing, schedule to b induced cause if that doesnt help i think thats as natural as it will get. good luck!
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• This is definitely a case where I can heartily recommend acupressure. Hubby applied pressure to points, caused contractions and got baby ready. 48 hours later, I was holding our daughter -- a successful home birth of our third child.

This is the book I used: http://naturaullyinducelabor.com/guide and was the best $27 I have ever spent!!

Hope this helps,
    Cristina
    cfavreau

Answer by cfavreau at 1:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009