If you are Pagan but not Wiccan

Do you follow the wheel of the year? Just curious.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We like to honor the changes of seasons as they happen, but no *ritual* or anything along those lines. I just like for my grrls to understand and appreciate the natural world. We notice changes as they are happening- talk about why, and how...
    my daughter has been struggling with the loss of one of our cats- I told her he has been *recycled* back through the system- by the coyotes and vultures and ants- and he could be in any or all of the flowers still springing up all over our property... it has been a cool start to our summer and flowers are still everywhere... she found this to be a very helpful healing idea...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes I do.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Same old question - define pagan :) I don't consider myself one, everyone else does, so somewhere in there, no we don't use the wheel. We have holidays on the solstices and equinoxes that correspond with other pagans date-wise, but aren't the same. The Heathen year only has two seasons - Summer and Winter, each beginning and ending on the equinox. There are a lot of minor blots that fall in between, but not all of them are traditional - some are modern inventions to honor gods and goddesses that people feel affinity to.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I do, more or less. I usually stick to the larger festivals, i.e. Beltaine, Samhain, and Yule.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes I do, merely because my UU has a Pagan group that follows the Wheel for rituals.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes, I do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009