dealings with mother-in-law

Hi, I haven't been on here in a while cause things have been going alright. I was just wondering if any of your mother-in-laws don't want you in pictures with your babies, and if so please tell me why they do that. Mine says she loves me like a daughter, but I just can't understand why she doesn't want pics of my son with me. He's only 7 months old. Thanks in advance.

newmom10408

Asked by newmom10408 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• you are over reacting. It is nice to have pictures of just the kids.
    I have a MIL that when she has taken family photos, the in-laws are not in there. She is telling us that we are not part of the family. Now that is a Bitch.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• jealousy maybe? idk. hav ur hubs talk to her. it could just be shes uncomfortable.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i dont think im over reacting. she didnt take one of me w/ my son at the hopsital, but she took one of her and everybody else with him. still think im over reacting?
    newmom10408

Answer by newmom10408 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I didn't think you were over thinking this to begin with. It's your baby. If you want 20 pictures of you and him then that's your business. She doesn't really have a dog in this fight. Now if she wants to request pictures of your son then you can choose to grant them but for her to say that you don't need to be in the picture but she can with your son...yeah that's a bitch.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If she wants a photo of your son alone, then she should take him to the studio and pay for it herself.And then give you one. If you offer one with both of you and she says no, then too bad for her.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• She is just your MIL not your best friend. Remember that always and it will bother you a lot less. (Yea she is being a bitch, but this is a small thing.) Also if there is ever a big thing your DH should handle it. Just keep telling yourself that she is not your best friend.
    Anonymous

• Lol. Sounds familiar.
    Anonymous

• Do you think she didn't realize that she neglected to get a picture of you? Or was she rude about it? If she's never done anything else like this, I think I would try to keep the peace for the sake of your son and husband. If the lady wants pictures of her, her new grand baby, the pope and whoever else, who cares?
    Even if she was rude about it, she has tons of gifts to come.. think birthday and Christmas' gifts of framed family photos with you included! lol

JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• thanks for all the answers guys
    newmom10408

Answer by newmom10408 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 18, 2009