dealings with my mother-in-law (PIOG)

Hi, I haven't been on here in a while cause things have been going alright. I was just wondering if any of your mother-in-laws don't want you in pictures with your babies, and if so please tell me why they do that. Mine says she loves me like a daughter, but I just can't understand why she doesn't want pics of my son with me. He's only 7 months old. Thanks in advance.

newmom10408

Asked by newmom10408 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Is it all pictures? Do you send a mix of pics with you and without?
    If she wants all pics without you, to me, she sounds like a real b*tch and wants to be mommy and she's lying about loving you like a daughter.
    She should want to be showing you off, as well. I can understand having a couple of pic of just baby, but not all. It seems a bit much to me.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• its all of them, not just one. when we were at the hopsital she didnt even take one of me with him, but she did take one of him with her and everybody else
    newmom10408

Answer by newmom10408 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I hate it when my MIL does it so I do it to her too. LOL! Shoulda seen her face when she saw the baby's pix with his cute outfit on and she was cut out! For his baptism there was only 1 pix with him and I and like a zillion or her and him. Ticked me off since then (at 4mos). Now I just laugh about when I did it to her. (still LOL!)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• How disturbing, to say the least.
    Hmmm... well, how I feel is that if she can't accept you, she doesn't get baby, even regarding pictures. Stop giving her pictures all together if she isn't appreciative of what you give her.
    You don't owe her any pictures. You didn't have your child for her benefit.
    She want's baby without regard to you, that's no go, in my book.
    How does you DH feel. Is he taking her side or standing up for you?
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I think that is strange. What is she doing with the pics, sending them to friends or something?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I've often wondered with all the "How -To" books out there (babies, relationships, better jobs, etc...etc...) Why hasn't anyone come up with a "How -To" for In Laws. I'd buy that book because damned if I can figure them out. That being said...she is still your child's grandparent. I wasted a lot of time trying to sort through what I should care about where my in laws were concerned...in the end I took the easy road for me...I don't care about any of it!!!! Doesn't change one single thing about me or my relationships with either my husband or children...and guess what I get to fall alseep at night without being aggravated!!
    As long as YOUR photo album is filled with pics of you and your kids try not to worry about hers so much. You're going to waste your time trying to figure it out and never come up with an answer that makes you happy.
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 4:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• thanks for all the answers, really helped out
    newmom10408

Answer by newmom10408 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 18, 2009