How do I get the feeling in my left butt cheek back??

I haven't been into the dr yet cause of course it started right after my last check but 2 of DDs therapists confirmed that I'm probably have sciatic nerve pain....Right now if I move it shoots from my rear down the top part of my leg but mostly it's just numb...HELP!! Any ideas???

cmiller83

Asked by cmiller83 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had that during my pregnancy, Maybe try getting in a tub of water and get on your hands and knees it may help relieve some of the pressure on the nerve, and may get the baby to move. That was what my obgyn said for me to try. It didn't do much for me. If not i'm sorry to say you may have to deal with it for the rest of your pregnancy.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 12:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Find a good chiropractor. As around to see if anybody you know (and trust) uses one because you definitely want to find somebody good. (=
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 1:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• A good way to take the pressure off your sciatic nerve is to stretch like this:
    - Sit on a chair, bring your left ankle to your right knee (as if you were going to sit cross-legged, only with your legs wide apart).
    - Hold your left ankle and gently pull yourself forward, with a straight back.
    - You won't be able to go down far, and that's not the point. You'll immediately feel the pressure coming off your sciatic nerve. As you do this more, you'll get more "flexible" (as much as a pregnant woman can!) and you'll be able to go lower, giving your more relief.

Avoid sitting and standing for long periods of time. Lay on your left side with a large pillow or cushion between your legs.

Hope this helps!
    cfavreau

Answer by cfavreau at 1:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2009