What would the reason be when I eat a salad I have diarrhea?

I have started to eat more salads, I was told my cholesterol was alittle higher than what it was last so I started to eat more salads, and it makes me feel better yes, but them like a hour or two later I have stomache pains and diarrhea. This had only started since eating more salads.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Health

• You're body is probably rejecting healthy foods if you don't typically eat them. I get diarrhea after I eat fast food or junk so I'm sure it can go the opposite way too! If you keep eating them it will get better.Just my thoughts.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. Otherwise, all I can think is either a mild allergy to one of the ingredients, or possibly if you are taking fiber pills or something like that, that maybe it's too much fiber and causing it. We don't eat out much, and when we do, we tend to feel really crappy afterward, so like anon said, it can probably go the other way, too.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You may need so probiotics and enzymes to better digest your food. For info on where to get those email me.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 1:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Your body is getting used to having healthy foods and the added fiber. Too much fiber will cause diahrrea. Happens to me when I eat salad at anytime.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009