omg, does anyone else have this problem?

Our town in central arkansas, has a tornado siren (practice) EVERY weds, at 12:00pm. This annoys me so bad, because my 8mo old DD is always taking a nap! I cringe the entire time it is sounding, PRAYING it does not wake her up! Why cant they do it at 5pm? grrrrrrrr. Does anyone else have a problem with this?

airforewifenmom

Asked by airforewifenmom at 1:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• where i used to live was right behind a fire house! omg that damn siren was so loud, and they would always do practice runs on wed. and everynight it would go off at 10 pm for curfew! i hated that damn thing, that goodness im no where near it now! lol
    Anonymous

• The town I grew up in and the town in which I currently live sound their sirens EVERY day at noon. That way you are never late for lunch.......LOL!

On a more serious note......have you considered putting a fan or "white noise" maker in her room? She will get use to hearing this while napping and it will help mask the sound of the siren.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 1:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Ours goes off here at Noon and 10 pm. The nighttime one is to signal curfew. I have no idea why they do it at noon. It is slightly annoying, but we are far enough away that it doesn't wake DS up. What really annoys me are the freakin' trains! We're close enough to the tracks that they DO wake DS up sometimes. There are two intersections near us, and they lay on their horns for both of them. It seems excessive to me. We're in a very rural area, so i dont know why they have to be so obnoxious about it!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• We have a siren that practices the frst monday of every month. then everyday at 7am, 12 pm, 1pm, and 7pm it goes off, so really we are jsut used to it. But I live really close to the railroad tracks. That gets REALLY annoying!! they bo by all day and night and blow their horn a lot!! it also goes thru a bunch of grain elevators so it echos and bounce of the metal...its so annoying it rattles my house really bad!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Ours is only the first Friday of the month at noon. So not so bad. I don't live in tornado alley though.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2009