Do you have a phobia?

Do you have a phobia/s if so what mine are

Mottephobia- the fear of moths
Coulrophobia- the fear of clowns
Claustrophobia- the fear of confined spaces
and
Harpaxophobia- the fear of robbers or being robbed (this one is so bad I actually lock dd and myself in my bedroom after someone tried to break in last summer)

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 1:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects.
    Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.
    Astraphobia or Astrapophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning.
    Automatonophobia- Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues - anything that falsly represents a sentient being.
    Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces.
    Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns.
    Iatrophobia- Fear of going to the doctor or of doctors.
    Nosocomephobia- Fear of hospitals.
    Ornithophobia- Fear of birds.
    Pediophobia- Fear of dolls.
    Pupaphobia - Fear of puppets.

I'm a bit of a pansy.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Arachnophobia- fear of arachnids.
    Nyctophobia- fear of the dark
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Is there a fear of having bugs crawl in your ears at night so you make sure your hair is over your ears??
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I don't know the terms for them, but I am terrified of blood, I am terrified of being alone at night, snakes & spiders.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 1:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I don't know the term for it, but I am terrified of heights. I can barely even get on a 2 step step stool without panicking. I don't know if it's a phobia or not, but I also really, really, really hate cockroaches. Like if I even just see one, I feel the need to take a shower and scrub my body, and if it touches me, I want to scrub until my skin turns red. I have to make my 8 yr old kill them b/c I can't even get close enough to do it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• heres the names of the phobias you dont know yes they really are phobias too

Blood- Hemophobia, Hemaphobia or Hematophobia
    Alone, being- Autophobia or Monophobia
    Snakes- Ophidiophobia or Snakephobia
    Arachnophobia-fear of spiders
    Heights- Acrophobia, Altophobia, Batophobia, Hypsiphobia or Hyposophobia.
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am afraid of heights. I am afraid of driving on ice. I am afraid of underground places...not basements but caves and the like. Crickets! Possums!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• im terrified of spiders like you have no idea. and i am scared of heights...i was goin to a sox game and my legs buckled cuz it felt the escalator was goin too high and i looked up at the other levels and almost had an anxiety attack. im scared of the dark. im clauseterphobic. i have jus about any fear you can think of when it comes to my daughter. i absolutely freak if i think somethings gonna happen. for example..when we go to the park im RIGHT next to hear. and i dont let my parents take her unless im there cuz im scared they wont stay close to her. i have a HUGE phobia of something happening to my daughter. when she was first born id get out of the driver seat lock the door go to her car door unlock it and take her out and lock it and then i would do it all again when we got back to the car.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• yes, I'm claustrophobic. I found this out when I had to have an MRI done. I hate elevators too. If there are just a few people on the elevators that's ok but more than 8, I feel like I can't breathe.

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 7:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009