Help connecting a wireless router!!

Ok, i have a desktop that doesn't have wireless capabilities and a laptop that does. I want both to have internet. How do i hook it up so the desktop is directly connected along with the wireless router so i can use my laptop from that??

MommaTurbo

Asked by MommaTurbo at 1:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What kinda internet do you use for your desktop
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It's DSL I guess, the fast kind that goes through the phone line. Does it matter that the desktop is Windows and the laptop is Mac?
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You plud in the wireless router to power, and then plug the cat 5 cable (only other cable that comes with it ) into the back of the desk top, then plug in either the cable modem or the phone line to the back of it.then you have to go to a website called my IP.com and find out what ur ip address is then you have to go on ur laptop and go to the start menu and go to connect to and then refresh the wireless and it will pull urs up.. click on it and it will say connected too and then u are all ready.....
    Anonymous

• and no it dont matter if one is windows and the other is mac
    Anonymous

• ok, so phone line goes from wall to modem, cat 5 from modem to router, then router to computer? Is that the right order of things?
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• yup thats right
    Anonymous

• ok, thanks! I'm going to go try it out!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Woohoo! It works! Thanks!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2009