Why do you believe in God?

I'm just curious what makes people believe. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why do you not?
    Anonymous

• I always believed in god but I guess what makes me believe even more is my son, he was born at 2lbs at 28 weeks, when he was born they told me that he wouldnt live and i only had a 20% chance my self, right there i grabed my son and asked god if he would help my son (not me) just let him make it... a weird feeling came over the room and my son started to cry (something the docs said he couldnt and wouldnt do) well 2 short weeks he went home weighing 3lbs.....
    Anonymous

• I dont really know how to explain it. I guess it jsut feels right to me. Ive thought about other religions, and this seems to be true to me. I go to a christian church if you were wondering. thought i do not attend often, i used to in high school...like 3 times a week minimum. to me I worship jsut as much at home as i would in a church. and in my heart God and Jesus seem to be the truth. Though I do not judge other religions of beliefs, Who knows who is really right in the end, but I guess we'll all find out one day!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• anon 28..thats amazing...a much better explanationthen mine!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I believe in Him because He is loving, caring and He adores me. How can I not believe? It would be so hard for me to deny His existence when He exists in everything I do ,say , see and hear. I choose to believe in the ONE that gave me air to breathe, eyes to see, ears to hear, a voice to proclaim His love, goodness and grace! How can I not believe when He created us to worship Him! ( I will not argue about that! ) How can I not believe when He gave me many chances to live! How can I not believe when He has His hand upon my entire life! How can I not believe when He is the lover of my soul, I am so in love with My Jesus and He is in love with ME... His banner over me IS LOVE and I will never deny Him or His Love. I will always believe in God, my maker!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• This is great question.It made me think.I was raised going to church.But giving birth to children to me is proof that God does exist.To see your baby after it is born.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Just something internal that says there is more to how it all came to be then what we know now(the earth, universe, us,etc).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My Son has SMA and last yr he was in the hosp for 2 weeks. He had a calapsed lung and they wanted to put him on a ventilator because his body was working too hard and he couldn't breath on room air. With Spinal Muscular Atrophy the motor neurons that affect the voluntary muscles that are used for activities such as crawling, walking, head and neck control and swallowing are affected. So usually when a child in his cond and gets put on a ventilator their bodies get so depentant that they never get off. Everyone had left the hosp and it was just Brady and I. They wanted to do the procedure the next morning. So I held his hand and we prayed for 30 min straight for God to give him strength that his body could not give itself. Well the next day they xrayed him like they did every morning and the Dr said it was a miracle that his lung was opening. Slowly he started to get better and went home. If that's not God than what is it??
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Anon :28 why do you think I do not?
    Anonymous

• I believe in God because I can feel him (and Mother God as well) in everything! Every breath I take, every gust if wind I feel, every beam of sunlight that hits my skin. All of it. Now, I obviously don't believe in the god of the bible, but I do believe in a loving creator none the less.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2009