If your man gets porn solicitation on his email, would you think that he's been looking at porn?

Now, even if i knew for fact that he was looking at it, I would not make a BIG deal about it. I might feel a lil more insecure about myself, but i still know boys will be boys.

Well, first off, he wanted me to check something on his email while he was out driving around working, so i did. I noticed he had an email from some woman, of course i clicked on it. And it was a porn advertisement, or something like that. Now, i REALLY think that in order to get those in your email, you HAVE to of looked at porn, or put your email address in somewhere, that lets you look at porn for free. I mean I do not get those "look at porn" emails & I've had the same email address for over 10 years. So, in the past i've joked around & said, which is true, that most men look at porn at some point, he disagreed & said that he never looks at it. So, do you think i caught him?

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 1:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• no. I actually get a lot of them and ive NEVER looked at any of those sights. I know that there are some things that if you sign up for them or give you're email to anything even if its not online, they sell yoru address or something. I wouldnt worry about it. I get a lot about penis enlargement too! I really dont need that!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• No, I would think he went to a website, not necessarily a porn one, that has a very slack privacy policy and they gave/sold his e-mail to the porn website that sent the e-mail. I don't look at porn, and I've gotten those kinds of e-mails. I also get male enhancement e-mails and e-mails asking me if I want to work as a nurse. You can go to just one website that isn't rigorous with their privacy policy and end up with your e-mail being out there for the world.

NOW, I will say that if the e-mail is pretty specific in some way, for example using his name, or a screenname, then I might be a bit more inclined to think that he may have.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• We never get any of those...

I think that you do have to look at them to get those popups or emails..what have you.

I have never once on my computer have gotten one of them..
    My fiance nor myself do not look at porn sites..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Sssphh. No. I get them all the time. It's funny to me b/c I get the porn solicitation emails and my husband gets colon cleansing. :D
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I get them all the time and I don't go surfing for porn.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• hmm well, OK y'all sound convincing enough. Although, I also have never gotten one single solitary porn email, or penis enlargement add, or anything along those lines, and it's not like i NEVER threw my email address around. Maybe i have a good spam filter.

I will take y'alls word for it. Although, i may be checking his email a lil here & there (don't do that Chica, that is snooping) BUT ITS SO TEMPTING!!!!!!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I get porn emails all the time and I don't look at porn. All a person has to do is put his/her email address on any site and they in turn give your email address to other websites who will solicit you. Unfortunately this is not illegal. I would chalk it up to the business is wanting money and willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It is possible that he went somewhere that sold it cause I always get dating site emails and porn and I don't go to either!! I even get e harmony in my email. But I think some site I went to sold my email
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• my bf has a friend that put him on a forward porn list and he still looks at them even when I asked him not too.. I dont know what to do because I dont want him to know Ive been looking at his email.
    cheermickey

Answer by cheermickey at 2:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I used to get TONS of them and have never looked at it! If I have with friends just playing around, I certainly haven't put my email in there! I always check my husbands email too, and he isn't signed up for anything but myspace and he gets alot of them too! I finally showed him one day that if you click on them and then click spam, he won't get them anymore!! He actually hates it! That came as a surprise to me, so that proved to me that not ALL men have the tendency for it. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, just delete or spam it and it will never be seen again!
    CaddyG

Answer by CaddyG at 2:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2009