Is 2 hours too long of a quiet time for a 7 year old?

I like her to relax whole the little one is napping so I can have a break to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, I think that's a little long....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I didn't even know it was possible for a 7 yr old to keep quiet for more than 3 minutes.Mine never could.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I dont think so. It depends on what things she has a choice of doing during that time. If you allow her to watch tv, then two hours wouldn't feel so long to, just keep the volume low. If she has things to keep her busy i think she'd be ok with 2 hours of quiet time. Depending on her reading level, she could read a book, maybe find one she is interested in. Puzzles are also a good thing to keep her busy but let her relax at the same time.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 1:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I require my oldest to be quiet during naptime. He can play in his room quietly. When he get bored of those things he can watch tv quietly. There is no jumping around or wild behavior during nap time.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree that it depends on the child. If she has quiet activities she enjoys doing for that long - great. If she's showing resistance, though, they yeah it's too long.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009