My daugher is pregnant and has allergies, what can she take that is safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• benadryl. i'm 15 weeks pregnant and ever since 6 weeks my doctor told me i can take benadryl. it helps with the allergies and can help her keep from being sick.
    dorkish_face

Answer by dorkish_face at 1:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The list of safe meds is always changing. When I was preg with #2 I took Benadryl. When I was preg with #3 they told me it was no longer on the list so I wasn't allowed to take it. Best to ask the doc.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I've had two different OB's with my two kids, and they both told me benadryl was fine along with sudafed for congestion (which never works for me anyways). I never take benadryl though, unless i'm desperate because it knocks me out! If i were her, i'd call the doc and double check though!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• tylenol has allergy medicine...benadryl makes me sleepy....but tylenol was okay with my doc and he said benadryl if i want at night
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• benadryl is perfectly safe.
    any of the tylenol meds re safe too.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• she shouldent take NOTHING unless her doctor told her so..
    alll medications treat's EVERY BODY REALLY DIFFERENT..
    & IF SHE DOESNT TAKE THE RIGHT ONE SHE COULD HARM HER BABY.......!!!!!!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2009