7 months pregnant and my daughter has chicken pox!

So, we have a doctor's appt. this afternoon, but she was pouring her water on herself this morning while on the potty saying it made her skin feel better. When I looked, she had red spots on her belly and some looked liked they were open, but some looked like whiteheads in the middle like they hadn't broke open yet. She's 3 and has never had an acne problem. I know it's not mosquito bites or heat rash. I guess we'll find out at the doc.

Also, I'm in my third trimester and have had the pox before, but I know there's a more serious form older women get. A little worried. Can that be bad for me being pregnant? Any home remedies for the itching? Going to call my OB after we see her doc. Ewe, just thinking about it I'm itchy. And yes, I got her the vaccine, but it doesn't stop kids completely from getting it. Who knows, maybe I'm being paranoid, but I'd like to hear your ideas!

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If you have had the ckicken pox you should be just fine, it's very unlikely that you would get them again.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If you have had the chicken pox already, you should be ok. You can get shingles though. Call your doctor immediately to see what you need to do. My aunt was exposed to chicken pox when she was pregnant and had to have ultrsounds and blood tests to make sure she didn't have chicken pox or was a carrier. Having chicke pox while pregnant can harm the unborn baby. PLEASE CALL THE DOCTOR NOW.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If you have had the chicken pox, you're immune. You'll be fine. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yeah, don't buy a dog from Petland! Found out they were flea bites from going there and petting the dogs the day before. One must've gotten stuck in her shirt! They were pretty bad though. Doc said keep the bites clean and neosporin. Thank GOD!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2009