Is it safe to take Claritin for allergies when pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i told my dr i was taking but complaining it didn't work. i recall him saying it was ok but he was my gen practitioner not ob dr. i would make a quick phone call to ob dr. it should say warning on box if it does serious harm otherwise it says you should consult a dr which generally means if your healthy you should be ok to take it,
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The urgent care dr here, prescribed it to me, she checked and said it was fine to take, but I would take benadryl.. I know that is the safest.
    logunsmommy

Answer by logunsmommy at 2:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• take tylenol allergy...benadryl make you drwsy and its what my doc recommended if i didnt want to take benadryl
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• That's what my OB recommended for my allergies...I recommend you call your OBs nurse though, every dr and every pregnant woman is different.
    cmiller83

Answer by cmiller83 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• im on fexofenadine (allegra) at the moment i havent had to take very many ( i have mostly winter allergieslike mold) but i was told its safe and my friends baby was 2 mo old and on allegra.
    melanielmcgee

Answer by melanielmcgee at 2:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• my doc. told me to get some if i had allergy problems, she said it was ok 4 me to take. I'm having a very very normal pregnancy though (my first) so I imagine it MAY depend on how the pregnancy itself is going.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 12:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2009